Wednesday, March 22, 2006

REAVES AND ZICREE FINISH STAR TREK SCRIPT


Just a short note to mention that Michael and I finished the “World Enough, And Time” script for STAR TREK NEW VOYAGES. Very thrilling. All my friends who are writer-producers and directors on various shows are eager to read it – guys on BLADE, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, LOST. Who knew this would be such a hot script? Michael and I did it just because WE were jazzed by it.

Shortly, I’ll be sending it off to NEW VOYAGES producers JAMES CAWLEY and DR. JOHN, who play Kirk and McCoy, respectively. Then it will be off to George Takei. I can’t wait.

Pictured above is a photo taken recently of me in a STAR TREK NEW VOYAGES tunic based on the first two pilots that were shot for STAR TREK. I’m posed with JULIE CAITLIN-BROWN, a lead on BABYLON 5 (she played N’Toth) and a guest star on some of the later TREK series.

I finished off the day today being on-camera host of a video internet piece for my friend documentarian PATRICK FRANCIS, about various eateries around L.A. that have been virtually unchanged since the 1930s and 1940s – Musso and Frank’s, the Apple Pan and Farmer’s Market.

Today, we shot at Musso and Frank’s on Hollywood Boulevard, a famous Hollywood writers hangout, whose clientele included Dashielle Hammett, Raymond Chandler, Hemingway, even Charles Bukowski. I first became aware of the place while researching my book THE TWILIGHT ZONE COMPANION – it turns out in the late Fifties and early Sixties, ZONE scribes Charles Beaumont, George Clayton Johnson and Richard Matheson hung out there. Even Serling would drop by, on occasion.

All in all, an exciting and fruitful day, with many more adventures to come...

Cheers,
Marc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home