Wednesday, March 29, 2006

ZICREE GIVES GEORGE TAKEI STAR TREK SCRIPT


Well, today was certainly a banner day. "World Enough, And Time," the STAR TREK NEW VOYAGES script I've just written with Michael Reaves and which I'll be directing in September, has been getting a GREAT reception, not just from NEW VOYAGES Executive Producer and star James Cawley and others on the show, but also from BATTLESTAR GALACTICA director Michael Nankin, who loved the script.

Today, I drove the script over to George Takei's lovely home and presented it to him in person -- what a thrill. We spoke for about an hour on how we're going to be making it a reality.

Also had lunch with "Max Rem," the pseudonymous genius who does the remarkable special effects for the show. Michael and I will be getting together with him again on Sunday to start planning, designing and storyboarding the numerous effects sequences.

Then next week, the actors who play McCoy, Spock, Uhura and young Chekhov will be here in Los Angeles for us to begin working with them on their performances. Two weeks after that, I'll be visiting the TREK sets up in Ticonderoga when I'm in New York state giving the keynote speech at the Sering symposium at Ithaca College.

What a great honor to be working with such incredibly talented folks. More adventures to come, and soon...

Cheers,
Marc

1 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

This is so cool. I can't wait until it all comes together... and whatever I can do to participate...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home