Tuesday, April 18, 2006

ZICREE TO SPEAK AT SERLING SYMPOSIUM

Hi, guys --

This upcoming Friday, I'm going to be giving the keynote address at the Rod Serling Symposium at Ithaca College, and Elaine and I will be also be speaking to several classes of film students and sitting in on some TWILIGHT ZONE-oriented panels. I'm currently culling through clips of different Serling shows and rarities from my collection that I'll be screening at my talk. You can learn more about the Serling symposium by logging on to http://www.ithaca.edu/rhp/serling/

After the symposium, Elaine and I will be heading up to Ticonderoga to check out the STAR TREK NEW VOYAGES sets and start working with more of the actors, in preparation for my directing the "World Enough And Time" episode starring George Takei, which Michael Reaves and I just wrote.

A cool sidenote: Combing through my scrapbooks, I just came across some photos from the party I threw in 1981 to celebrate my completion of writing THE TWILIGHT ZONE COMPANION 25 years ago(!). Pictured here are my younger self with Carol Serling and the TWILIGHT ZONE cake.

Also pictured are me with Michael Reaves and fellow writer Buzz Dixon (both of whom are still members of my Round Table and look much the same).
And finally -- there's George Takei!

Amazing how things come around. Just goes to show I had great friends and associates then and still do.

Report from New York shortly...

Cheers,
Marc

4 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Good luck on the speech. Knock 'em dead. Should be fun seeing the sets and getting the ball rolling.

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Mairosu said...

Hey Marc,

big fan of your book, I wrote you already through your website but you haven't answered. I've been running a TZ Blog/ep guide for the 80s revival for a while, and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind taking a look. It's at postcardsfromthezone.blogspot.com. Comments, anything, would be appreciated - Alan Brennert and Rockne S. O'Bannon say they like it, and I'm in regular email touch with mr. Brennert. :)

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Nancy Fulton said...

It is as good as it gets, isn't it :) I'm so glad you are working with George. He's an excellent actor.

Having him, a new generation of trekies, Michael and you all working on a new episode . . . seems terribly encouraging some how.

Star Trek always had such a noble vision of the future . . . God its nice to hear that "old heart" beat.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Kidsis said...

That's so cool to see! Thanks for sharing the pix!

Are you going to the Ray and Ray event at the Mann Chinese tonight? It sounds amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home