Friday, April 28, 2006

ZICREE VISITS STAR TREK SETS


Hi, guys --

Elaine and I just got back from an amazing trip to upstate New York, where my keynote address at the Serling Symposium and our visit to the STAR TREK NEW VOYAGES sets in Ticonderoga went wonderfully well.

Above you see me posing in the Captain's chair on the marvelous 360-degree Enterprise bridge set with James Cawley (Kirk), Jeff Quin (Spock) and Dr. John Kelly (McCoy).
This was quite a bit of deja vu for me, as I actually visited the original STAR TREK sets when I was twelve years old, during the filming of the last episode, "Turnabout Intruder."

Elaine and I arrived just in time to see the NEW VOYAGES cast finish pick-up shots for their Chekov episode written by famed TREK writer and story editor D.C. FONTANA. It was an incredibly good-natured and collaborative team -- as exemplified by the fact that when we came on set Mr. Spock was working the boom mike for the scene between McCoy and young Chekov (Andy Bray)!


Afterwards, we retired to our marvelous bed and breakfast and hung out with cast and crew, including Jeff, who hadn't had time to remove his Vulcan ears -- quite a picture for the NATIONAL ENQUIRER -- "Mr. Spock Hits the Skids!"

Next day, Elaine and I had time to run improvs and scene study with James Cawley and Jeff Quinn, both of whom proved quite adept and moving in their work. I'm eagerly awaiting directing the episode Michael Reaves and I wrote, "World Enough and Time," starring George Takei, which will be shooting in September.

Meetings with the NEW VOYAGES crew proved equally thrilling. Quite a good-hearted, enthusiastic and talented bunch.

On our final day, James Cawley took us on a tour of Fort Ticonderoga, which has an amazing history dating from the American Revolution and before.

All in all, a trip spanning both centuries past and centuries future... with great company all round.

Cheers,
Marc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home